Friday, October 28, 2005

Steve Dannenmann, who is this guy?

If you're reading this, it's more than likely that you googled or yahoo'd your way to my blog. I'm going to go ahead and assume that you're looking for information on this loud-mouth CPA that just bluffed Howard Lederer with 8 6 offsuit. Perhaps you already know (SPOILER ALERT!) that Dannenmann placed second in the World Series of Poker Championship event and wonder what he did with the money. Regardless of why you're here, it's my goal with this blog to shed as much light on this interesting character.

Let's start with the basics:

Date of Birth: August 15, 1966
Birthplace: Baltimore, MD
Now Resides: Severn, MD
Marital Status: Married
Children: 1 Stepson
Started playing poker: About 2 years ago, 2003
Favorite poker game:No Limit Hold em
Ambition: Chance to take on Joe Hachem again after being well rested....making final table of another large event.

Steve Dannenmann Jeffrey Jones
You may be wondering if he was separated at birth with Jeffrey Jones ("Ed Rooney" from Ferris Bueller's Day Off), the answer is no. But with 4.5 million (actually 2.25 million since he split his winnings with his buddy Jerry Ditzell) in his pocket, I don't think he cares what you think!







I'll share more with you tomorrow when I make my next post. I'll talk about the deal he made with his poker playing buddy Jerry to split the entry and any winnings. I'll also talk about the now infamous "phone call".

Stay tuned.